The National Art Honor Society acts as an entity
to promote “art scholarship,
character, and service, and to bring art education to the attention of the
school and community.” Lowell Catholic’s NAHS recognizes students who excel in
art courses and hold continue interest in fine arts.
Eligible students must have completed one semester of fine art during the school year. Once inducted, students must maintain these requirements throughout high school and take at least one semester of Fine Art each year.
- Students show a basic understanding and application of principles of art and elements of design
- Student must excel in the class academically (95% or above)
- Student must put forth effort in their work as evident in their artwork
- Student artwork displays original thought and creativity
- Willingness to help in the community
- Respect in the classroom